2005/10/11

It's never to late for another toy


So as many of you know I've picked up another hobby, skateboarding! Skateboarding never made much sense. However after moving to San Francisco where the urban jungle presents much more skateboarding opportunity and that's before you account for the ability of skateboards to fit on public transit. Plus Trent had me skate laundry up and down the street. Notably superior than carrying your laundry.

Which predictably leads to me buying a huge board that is easy to ride in a strait line, but not so easy to turn. After spending a lovely Sunday in the park with Emily taking turns riding and riding together, yes Emily is learning how to ride too, and yes my board is big enough that both of us can squeeze on it. In fact when both of us are on it we start giving other people epileptic cases of “that's so cute”.

However the true test is if I could skateboard to work faster than riding the bus. And guess what I can! Just for documentation I've include a map of my momentous day ;-)

2 comments:

MrsEm said...

Good job babe! One of these days you'll have to give me a ride to work!

MissScientistSF said...

i got to work in about 15 minutes on my bike. it was AWESOME. good job with your commute as well :)