2005/10/17

Keep sucking, until you succeed


Tonight’s Spike Lee commonwealth club appearance was ok, not great. I actually like that Mr. Lee was a little short with lame questions. Emily wasn’t pleased with his disposition. Unfortunately most of the questions ask where wholly uninteresting. For example one of the open floor question contained the phrase “My grandmother always says, ‘Keep sucking, until you succeed’.” After which a desperate gentleman proceeded to beg Spike to take a look at his script, even after Mr. Lee explained that he only looks at materials through documented agents to avoid lawsuits. From the rather mediocre questions I was able to see that Spike was willing to question our society without questioning every single slight he or others might have experienced. Although I don’t feel like I got my $15 worth, I did discover a deeper respect for Mr. Spike Lee.

No comments: